Friday, February 13, 2009

robot girl


from project aiko:
A Young Boy’s Dream…

In the past year, I have been repeatedly asked why I wanted to build Aiko. It actually starts back in the 70s during my childhood where I spent a lot of time watching Japanese anime which often featured robot themes. I remember saying to myself as a child, “I will build one of those when I grow up.” Throughout my life, I have built many prototypes and smaller robots. However, the greatest motivation came after watching “Chobits.” That was when I decided I had to build a life size gynoid (robot designed to look like a human female). It was August 15, 2007. And I knew that all I needed to build it was a little inspiration and passion.

you can even design clothes for her and she'll wear them. but not blue jeans.
she can't wear blue jeans because it will turn her blue.
by far the best quote on the website:
Many people have been asking questions over the months, and since it is impossible for me to answer everyone individually, I will answer the most popular questions here.
Yes, Aiko’s entire outer body is made of silicone. Sensors and motors are constructed underneath the silicone outer shell. Yes, Aiko has sensors in her body including her private parts (breasts, and yes, even down there). AND NO, I do not sleep with her.

check out more at project aiko

1 comment:

mango said...

another choice quote-
"Aiko's future abilities:
3. Feed me sushi"

he def has his priorities straight!